Rebel with a good cause

Posted by Sew Sew by Audrey Perrott On Monday, September 7, 2009 0 comments
It's not often I get threatened with an arrest--okay, try never--but this one was for a perfectly good cause and a lot of fun. On Thursday, colleagues, friends and strangers gathered together at Lake Eola for an improvisational social experiment...guerilla style. With Improv Everywhere's MP3 Experiment as our inspiration, we danced and laughed and jumped and napped all to music and narration playing in our iPods.

Unfortunately, the park ranger we couldn't hear yelling at us (ergo the iPods) quickly had his temper elevated leading to the arrival of the OPD, a citation, and a somewhat conflicting ending to our otherwise joyous event.

For the whole rundown, visit http://www.thorspecken.blogspot.com/ and http://www.thedailycity.com/.

All in all, it was an amazing experience that kicked off the second half of A Gift For Teaching's PUSH Campaign with a bang and I can't wait to do it again. Except this time, we'll have a permit.

(P.S. To help me raise my last $500 of my $1000 goal for the second half of my personal PUSH campaign, donate via the badge at the right. I'm halfway there and as you can tell from the story above I don't like to do things halfway! It only takes a little bit to add up to a lot.)

(P.P.S. Video of PUSH Play coming soon!)

0 comments to Rebel with a good cause

Post a Comment