Seasons Change

Posted by Sew Sew by Audrey Perrott On Wednesday, September 8, 2010 0 comments
In Florida, you know Fall is in the air when you can stand in the shade of a tree at noon and not break an immediate sweat; when the air is dry enough to where it no longer feels like you're walking through Jell-O; when the crickets stop chirping in the middle of the night because it's no longer 80 degrees at 3 a.m.

But my favorite tell-tale sign that Fall is around the corner? Publix puts out their cinnamon stick brooms for sale throughout the store. Ahhh, now that's the smell of Fall.

Even though we won't be breaking out the sweaters until at least early November it is nice to have a glimpse of a new season. And this October I will definitely be venturing into a new season of my own as I begin living the life of a stay-at-home-mom with freelance business on the side. I have loved my job for the last 6.5 years but having a baby has changed my world and I need and want the flexibility to spend as much time with my family as I can. So, in addition to Sebastian, Type "A" Freelance was born.

Yes, I am on a mission to change the connotation of the term Type A. Oh I definitely fit the stereotype--I'm uber-organized, detail oriented, a planner extraordinaire, and a perfectionist to a fault. But I also love the energy of working with creative people, have learned to be flexible, and I love to think outside the box. Granted I'll always be a work in progress but who isn't?

There you have it. For any PR/Marketing/Writing/Design/Creative needs, e-mail me at typeafreelance@gmail.com. Sew Sew by Audrey Perrott (www.asfperrott.etsy.com) will still be in business too. And of course, Mommy will be operating 24/7/365.

I've always said that someday I'd love to live somewhere where there's real seasons. For now, God is leading me into a different kind. Time to break out the sweaters!

0 comments to Seasons Change

Post a Comment